Saturday, January 19, 2019

Paper Piecing and other things

This year is the year I am hoping to get the hand sewing projects that have been on the go for a while finished.
My main project this year is the paper pieced 36 ring circus. I feel it's one I will work on and occasionally work on the others.
This is where I'm up too. I'm joining the blocks together as I go, I'm finding it hard on my hands putting the blocks together so dont want to leave that to last.




Another paper pieced one is Patchwork of the crosses. I've almost finished all the blocks I'm only doing 30 blocks but still need to do the cream around each block which will take a while. I was warned early on to do the cream the same time as the block. Sadly it was advice that's been at the back of my mind but not actioned. And I'm finding it hard to find a 5 meter piece of the right cream.



La Passacaglia is almost done I'm going to sort out now how many more blocks I think I've made them and then onto looking for borders.

Looking at this it looks like I'm wrong thinking I only had 4 blocks to add then it's finished. I will work that out today.

Love Entwined an older Block of the month is another I'm hoping to get on with I'm thinking I'll simplify the last 2 borders but need to finish the border I'm working on then rethink where to next.


For Christmas my daughter bought me the quilt pattern Dancing Chickens & Flying pigs a pattern by Hatched and Patched. I'd admired the quilt in Quilters Lane and my daughter kindly got me the pattern so it's another to add to my list. It's not to complicated I think more prep work than anything else.



It's all rather a lot so we will see how I go.


I'm hoping also to finish the Good Fortune Mystery quilt top and make a back for it.

I'm linking to Wendy's Quilts and more Peacock party go and check out what everyone
 is up too.
http://wendysquiltsandmore.blogspot.com/2019/01/gingerbread-retreat-cottage-and-peacock.html?m=1



No comments: