Monday, February 11, 2019

Good Fortune top completed

My good Fortune  top has been finished, I started quilting it yesterday with a feather edge to edge pantograph but decided looking at the quilt on the machine this just wasn't going to do the quilt justice so am going to do block work and nice borders.

I still really like this quilt and the pattern and would probably make it again in a different colourway.

I've finished making all the 4 patch and half square triangle blocks for this years leader and ender challenge. So started putting them into blocks at a sewing day on Sunday. This will be my project for any sewing days I decide to go to until the quilt top is finished. Makes the decision of what to take with me very easy.

And something a bit different my daughter bought me for my birthday last year a Giraffe Experience at our local zoo.
So finally we went along and had a fantastic time you certainly get up close to the giraffes.


I'm linking up to Bonnie Hunters last Good Fortune link up.
http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2019/02/the-last-good-fortune-mystery-monday.html?m=1

3 comments:

karenbbsnow said...

Congratulations on your mystery quilt ...one day I hope to make one:) Your leaders and enders is looking awesome!

gayle said...

Good Fortune looks beautiful! Happy quilting!
I love your leader/ender stars - such a lot of scrappy fun. What a fantastic quilt they'll be!
And giraffes!!! What a lovely gift your daughter gave you!

Vireya said...

Good Fortune looks lovely! Your giraffe experience sounds like a lot of fun.