Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year resolutions

I have been thinking about these every year they are almost the same.

Lose weight, this has to happen healthwise as I have had a heart attack, diabetes runs in my family and I had it when pregnant with my last child. I worked out to get to the weight I should be I need to lose 20 kgs, so I must be quite overweight.
Hopefully putting this on my blog will give me the incentive I need.

Finish those UFO's well thats another from each year I haven't counted how many I have but guess it will be the same as last year as I have started a few and finished a few.

Make at least 6 quilts for the day ward at the cancer centre, I started a few when my friend was diagnosed with cancer and I really want to make these as she didn't survive. A few of these are UFO's

Don't buy fabric I do not have plans to use in a quilt that means fabric on special, as I do not have a sewing room any more and the kids have bought lots of their things back with them there is no room!!!!!!!!! I need to use what I have.

One of my selfish resolutions is to have more time for myself I sometimes find i am running around having a great social life and when I am actually home I only seem to be doing housework or catching up with other chores and not enjoying being home or spending enough time with my family

And lastly update my blog more often

Thats it I think how about you have you any New year resolutions?????

4 comments:

Khris said...

Well our LEMONS group will hopefully keep you on track with the weight loss Jenny...and yes I think when you tell everybody what you are doing it sort of keeps you working towards the goal and keeping you honest...good luck with all your goals...I know they can be achieved...you just need to be that bit selfish as you say and focus on you for a bit..hugs Khris

Sharon-NZ said...

Well its good to have a great social life though - although prob doesnt help with the diet... hehe.....

I am pretty selfish with my time - with working full time you have to be and I have learnt to say no so I can stay home and sew on weekends

Jenny said...

Hi Jenny
Lose weight - well, most of us probably need to but a health scare would certainly give more incentive. I should really count my UFO's too and probably would be surprised at how many were lurking around. Keep stitching, and Happy New Year

blessedspeedy said...

Yes I always make the same type of ones too but this year Ive made different ones - Ive posted them on my blog