Sunday, June 9, 2019

A bit of quilting.

I'm managing to get a bit of quilting done here but with our cute little grandson living with us its a bit difficult.
I've completed  only 3 blocks of month 1 of Jen Kingwells and have a few others at various stages. I'd like to be caught up with both month 1 and 2 by the end of the month.


Also slowly catching up on Sarah Fielke's Block of the month today I will get all the applique prepared for this month prepared today and hopefully get it stitched before the end of the month.

Yesterday I went to a stitching day and managed to get a few ongoing projects a bit futher ahead. These are just blocks I am working on at sewing days or retreats so there is no hurry. It's good not having to think about what I am going to take with me.


I managed to make 8 blocks for this scrappy quilt 8 is my limit I find boring to make. This was a quilt along from American Patchwork and quilting at the time it was a good idea to use up scraps. Which it has.


One more finished Spider Web block and few others were at various stages so that was good. This is going to be my next finish hopefully.


We have just returned well it seems like it but it was 2 weeks ago from visiting our son and family in Haida Gwaii Canada. As usual the scenery there is spectacular we visited my favourite haunts saw my must see Eagle.

No bears this time just bear foot prints.


The whales have been passing through on their way to Alaska and were not far from land at all. We were Fortunate enough to see them on several occasions.



And of course the main reason we went this little guy turned one year old here he is just finished his first ever piece of cake.



Linking up to Wendy's Quilts and more Peacock Party
















1 comment:

Susie H said...

Beautiful projects going there. Even moving along slowly is better than not moving at all! Your grandson is a cutie-pie!