Friday, January 4, 2019

A sum up of what I've been up to these holidays

It's hard to believe I'm back to work next week I've had a busy time trying to finish a few projects.

I've emptied all these crates there were a few projects in there but the others had fabric in that I've managed to put in with other fabrics. The cupboard I keep my fabric in I'd looking a bit tidier but not tidy enough to take a photo.

Made 3 table runners from blocks I had part made in a class at Blenheim mini symposium a couple of years ago with Hazel Foote. Decided I didnt need a NZ themed wall hanging. The table runners I can give away as gifts.




I found I'd cut enough circles for another 3 baby quilts so I've made them up too. No idea what I was thinking doing that.



My lovely giraffe wall hanging I am now thinking of the best way to quilt it as there are lots of seams.



I decided on the best way to use my 4 patch leaders and enders so there's enough for 2 quilts one with blue hourglass blocks between and one with red. I'm saving putting them together until I go on retreat in March.

Amazingly enough I've finished my 
Forget me not paper pieced hexagon quilt which was a free pattern o  line by Sue Daley.


I am thrilled with it but for a while it will be sitting in my quilts waiting to be quilted pile.


I put together the easier blocks in Good Fortune Bonnie Hunter's mystery which is now revealed. I'm hoping to get this finished before going back to work but I think that's a bit ambitious.


I've also been working on a couple of shop samples for the quilt shop where I work. Need to get my act together and finish them before Wednesday.

And lots of gardening which is looking good. Pity the weeds will grow back quickly.

Pop over and check out what others are up to on these 2 blogs I'm linking up to.

Wendy's Peacock party
http://wendysquiltsandmore.blogspot.com/2019/01/an-early-or-late-christmas-table-runner.html?m=1


Myra at Busy Hands Quilts

http://busyhandsquilts.blogspot.com/2019/01/moda-love-layer-cake-lap-quilt-in-birch.html?m=1

1 comment:

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

Hi Jenny. It looks like you've been sewing up a storm! I"m sure you'll be pleased that those tiny hexagons are all sewn together now. Thank you for linking up to the Peacock Party.