Sunday, December 30, 2018

Looking back at my 2018 quilts

 I thought it might be a good idea to review my 2018 finishes. This year I feel as though I haven't completed many but of course life is not just about quilting even if we would like it to be.

I've made a few baby quilts my husband likes to gift his clients when they have a baby of course a quilt so thats a couple each year.



 

My daughters friend had a baby last January and the nursery theme was Peter Rabbit so off to Spotlight I went and bought Peter Rabbit fabric. The quilt I made was simple but cute.

Next quilt I made was a shop sample for Busy Bee quilt shop I jumped at the chance to make it as I love Foundation Piecing.

Then it was an exciting quilt. A quilt for our first grandson Fox who lives in Canada. Of course I had to take the quilt over and was able to spend time with the new family. 


A quilt made entirely from my stash I was trying to use up my Kaffe Fassett fabrics I still have quite a bit left but I have a plan for them.


Another baby quilt this one went to England for another baby in the family. I made 2 one for a boy another for a girl. And I am just finishing the other 3 I cut out and prepared. I dont know what i was thinking but I have a few baby quilts ready for gifting in 2019.


This Christmas one was blocks from an online swap I did many years ago through Southern Cross Quilters.


On Ringo Lake last years Mystery from Bonnie Hunter.


  This actually isn't finished but I completed the top today. The pattern is from Juliet van der Heijden of Tartan Kiwi. I started it in a class organised by Wellington quilters in July. I didnt get back to it because I had a phobia about how I was going to place the background fabrics. Anyway I just did it yesterday I could change a couple of colours. But I'm not its finished!





And of course I've made a start on Good Fortune this years mystery from Bonnie. 

I've changed the colours a bit I wanted a richer colorway.

Tomorrow as it's a new year I am going to make my yearly list of unfinished objects not all of them are quilts I'm sure. Ad I've managed to complete a few during the holiday break it will be interesting to see what is still hiding in the cupboard.

Happy New Year.

No comments: